Saturday, January 05, 2008

Hang on to the Rope

Oh great, I can never find the concentration I need when studying. Even though the 3 tests next week has no weightage on the final examinations, I wanna do well or at the very least after the test, I would tell myself I did my best. I can't bring myself to not study at all. That's just me.

Going to that, being "me" can be so difficult. The expectations from others, the people around you influencing you how great or small and simply your very own expectations. I can understand those who feels this way caused I am or should I say I was a victim?

As quoted from Corrinne May who wrote the song Green-Eyed Monster: I think most of us have been through an occasion where we find ourselves comparing our own achievements with those of our peers. Sometimes, in comparing ourselves with others, we end up feeling bitter and resentful, and that is not the way that we should be feeling.

I love the lyrics especially this part:
So be glad
You're an archetype creation
You're one of a kind
Just stay on track
Cause every cross can be a blessing
All the gifts you've been given
Close your eyes and listen
To who you're meant to be

God made each and every one of us unique and he has a purpose for all. For me I have been always searching for answers and December 07 was where some little answers came to me. I know God is trying to tell me something.. it's like I have been getting hints.

As I hold on the to robe tight, I tell myself I would never loosen the grip. However, I know there will be times where I start to feel tired and weak and would not want to hold on any longer. Whatever it is, I know he's always there to catch us if we fall. Do not despair, as faith, hope and patience are the keys to unlocking closed doors.