Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Feeling Old?

Hmm how many of us are guilty of saying that we are old or rather, feeling old? Well I guess the question need not be answered cause we will be immediately sentenced to death. We need not plead guity at all.

Strange isn't it? Once you hit the big 20 and we start saying we are getting old and blah blah. Recently been hearing my friends say they are old... like just yesterday, 2 of them said they feel old and they are not like energetic in the past where they can stay up later in the night. Their sleepy faces in lecture and their heavy footsteps after lesson make me ponder whether is it true? And more friends I was chatting with earlier.. one 23, one 25 mentioned the word "old" again. Hmmm.. ok gotta admit it's true about the getting old part.. as it brings me back to the times during chalet days where we will all stay up through the night to chit chat and play mahjong. Now maybe just a a few hours of mahjong in the night you will get instant results of sleepy faces and weird talking or worse still, hearing PONG followed by sorry sorry.. see wrongly, my mistake.

Wonder what will we all say when we reach 30? 40 or 50? Oh no.. I dun wanna think about it. But you know what, treasure the time you have right now. One of my favourites from Robert T. Kiyosaki is "..So whatever state your life is in at present, take a moment to appreciate it... because tomorrow it will only be a memory."

And another favourite, from Tuesday with Morrie... (The Seventh Tuesday - We Talk about the Fear of Aging).

"Weren't you ever afraid to grow old, I asked?"
"Mitch, I embrace aging."
"It's very simple. As you grow old, you learn more. If you stayed at 22, you'd always be ignorant as you were at 22. Aging is not decay, you know. It's growth....."

Yeah and the conversation goes on.. such a meaningful read, I feel. Anyway, if you are feeling old, it's not a bad thing. Haha.

Ok back to my Soci notes. :)