Monday, December 29, 2008

Rise and shine

Strange how I felt sleepy last night and when I looked at the time, it was no where near midnight. The past weeks I have been sleeping between 2-6am and I wondered what made me doze off on my chair.. By the time I washed up, said my night prayer, think I slept before 1am...

I was awaken by the sound of the vacuum cleaner followed by the shattering of broken glass. I knew my brother was cleaning up his room. The light pattering of rain was soothing to the ears and as I looked at the clock, wow, it was just about 9am.. haven't been that up early for a long time.

Went to the balcony and breathe in the morning fresh air. The air was a little chilly and felt the nice cold wind on my face. I prepared breakfast.. chicken ham and cheese on bread and toasted it. Together with a hot cup of coffee, I sat down in the living room and watched some news.

It was then that I realised I have forgotten about the world. Saw the joy of the Christmas season and other news ironically about politics, war and destruction.

Decided to read on with Marley & Me, a book I started so long back. A couple of pages more left to read but just a while ago I kinda teared when the author need to make the decision to put Marley to sleep. Such a heartwarming book and looking forward to the movie next year.

So it's been a nice morning so far. Haven't had this morning experience in a long while. Today is the kinda day where you just want to spend the rest of your time at home. :)

Cheers to a beautiful morning.