Seasons of Life
I wanted to blog about this for quite some time but has slipped out of my mind on a number of occasions. What made me think about it again was during my journey back from school on bus 74. My ipod played Everything In Its Time by Corrinne May... And I thought about it again. She said it all for me...
Sometimes I wonder what lies ahead
How long till my hunger is fed
They say it's hard to make it in this part of town
So many people on this merry-go-round
Some folks try astrology
Some turn to crystal balls
To find an answer,
To get through it all
I just fall on my knees and I try to pray
In the silence I can hear Him say
The river runs and the river hides
Out to the ocean and under the sky
I promise you, the answer will come
Hold on to patience and watch for the sign
Everything in its time
I often feel like I'm two steps behind
Somebody must have moved that finish line
There are a thousand reasons
Why I should give up
But I'm stubborn in the things I believe
The river runs and the river hides
Out to the ocean and under the sky
I promise you, the answer will come
Hold on to patience and watch for the sign
Cause maybe there's another plan
One I still can't see
A little surprise, like Your love in my life
Funny how time changes how we see
The river runs and the river hides
Out to the ocean and under the sky
I promise you, the answer will come
Hold on to patience and watch for the sign
Everything in its time
Everything in its time
Many of us struggle. Many of us fall. How often do we give up or how often do we pick ourselves up to fight on?
Sometimes I feel so drained. Just so tired of this life when things don't go the right way. Like struggling with work in school, facing emotional stress when love ones are suffering or maybe feeling spiritually dry. It's frustrating.
Well, as hard as it seems, one session at Amplify by Casslisa did make me realise things in our lives are marked with seasons. There's a purpose for everything.
In summary:
1) Seasons have their allocated time and purpose
2) Don't resent one season over another
3) Your response matters over which season it is
It's God-intended. We gotta choose to respond well for each season as it will determine how we will emerge in the next season.
Remain faithful, hopeful and trustful to God. Not only it will bring us a step closer to God and become more like Him but we also learn more about ourselves.
These points have definitely given me reasons to FIGHT ON!
There is an appointed time for everything, and a time for every affair under the heavens.
Ecclesiastes 3:1
Sometimes I wonder what lies ahead
How long till my hunger is fed
They say it's hard to make it in this part of town
So many people on this merry-go-round
Some folks try astrology
Some turn to crystal balls
To find an answer,
To get through it all
I just fall on my knees and I try to pray
In the silence I can hear Him say
The river runs and the river hides
Out to the ocean and under the sky
I promise you, the answer will come
Hold on to patience and watch for the sign
Everything in its time
I often feel like I'm two steps behind
Somebody must have moved that finish line
There are a thousand reasons
Why I should give up
But I'm stubborn in the things I believe
The river runs and the river hides
Out to the ocean and under the sky
I promise you, the answer will come
Hold on to patience and watch for the sign
Cause maybe there's another plan
One I still can't see
A little surprise, like Your love in my life
Funny how time changes how we see
The river runs and the river hides
Out to the ocean and under the sky
I promise you, the answer will come
Hold on to patience and watch for the sign
Everything in its time
Everything in its time
Many of us struggle. Many of us fall. How often do we give up or how often do we pick ourselves up to fight on?
Sometimes I feel so drained. Just so tired of this life when things don't go the right way. Like struggling with work in school, facing emotional stress when love ones are suffering or maybe feeling spiritually dry. It's frustrating.
Well, as hard as it seems, one session at Amplify by Casslisa did make me realise things in our lives are marked with seasons. There's a purpose for everything.
In summary:
1) Seasons have their allocated time and purpose
2) Don't resent one season over another
3) Your response matters over which season it is
It's God-intended. We gotta choose to respond well for each season as it will determine how we will emerge in the next season.
Remain faithful, hopeful and trustful to God. Not only it will bring us a step closer to God and become more like Him but we also learn more about ourselves.
These points have definitely given me reasons to FIGHT ON!
There is an appointed time for everything, and a time for every affair under the heavens.
Ecclesiastes 3:1
