Confessions of a "shopaholic"
Tuesday.. Out with the JJJJ group. Hmm.. all their names start with J.. Maybe I should be named Jheryl...) Ok lame.
Anyway, realised we all are struggling during this period. At least, I am not alone. So I guessed that day, was the day to destress. It was lunch first before catching the movie Confessions of a Shopaholic. Nice movie I must say.
Beneath the humour, light-hearted, funny and touching moments, a message did shout out to me. I mean who doesn't like being showered with branded goods. Prada, Gucci, Ralph Lauren.. all the glitz and glamour. Don't buying stuff you love just make you happy? But I guess sometimes we fail to realise material goods can't fill an empty heart or heal a deep wound or give you everlasting joy. Simply put, they are temporary pleasures.
I am not saying you can't buy branded goods or other stuff that you love. As in you know.. not going overboard.. knowing your limits. Like there's a huge difference between a snowflake and an avalanche.
All I am saying is that there are other important things in life. You may own a fortune but what's life without Family, Friends, and not forgetting, The One above, God. :) I am sure that we all have neglected them in one way or another and too concerned with the-me-myself-and-I. I can honestly say that I am guilty.
I think this Lenten season for me is rather bad. I was optimistic it would start off well and it kinda did. But it slowly became the unexpected. I don't know why it's so hard for me this year. The stress, the pressure, the mood-swings.
But guess what? An angel talked to me.
Quoting word for word, she said, "Dun fret over it. It's nv too late to start. God appreciates even e smallest act you sacrifice. :) Time is nv enough for us. But u can make any period of time beautiful just by giving. Cherishing family is also an act of love. Smiling to a stranger. Or even b cheerful. W such, God will still b please with w u."
And that, is what I call things you can't buy with money. Also, this isn't temporary. It stays in your heart forever.
Thanks Daisy. It really made me feel better. :)
Anyway, realised we all are struggling during this period. At least, I am not alone. So I guessed that day, was the day to destress. It was lunch first before catching the movie Confessions of a Shopaholic. Nice movie I must say.
Beneath the humour, light-hearted, funny and touching moments, a message did shout out to me. I mean who doesn't like being showered with branded goods. Prada, Gucci, Ralph Lauren.. all the glitz and glamour. Don't buying stuff you love just make you happy? But I guess sometimes we fail to realise material goods can't fill an empty heart or heal a deep wound or give you everlasting joy. Simply put, they are temporary pleasures.
I am not saying you can't buy branded goods or other stuff that you love. As in you know.. not going overboard.. knowing your limits. Like there's a huge difference between a snowflake and an avalanche.
All I am saying is that there are other important things in life. You may own a fortune but what's life without Family, Friends, and not forgetting, The One above, God. :) I am sure that we all have neglected them in one way or another and too concerned with the-me-myself-and-I. I can honestly say that I am guilty.
I think this Lenten season for me is rather bad. I was optimistic it would start off well and it kinda did. But it slowly became the unexpected. I don't know why it's so hard for me this year. The stress, the pressure, the mood-swings.
But guess what? An angel talked to me.
Quoting word for word, she said, "Dun fret over it. It's nv too late to start. God appreciates even e smallest act you sacrifice. :) Time is nv enough for us. But u can make any period of time beautiful just by giving. Cherishing family is also an act of love. Smiling to a stranger. Or even b cheerful. W such, God will still b please with w u."
And that, is what I call things you can't buy with money. Also, this isn't temporary. It stays in your heart forever.
Thanks Daisy. It really made me feel better. :)
