Happy Chinese New Year
Time just flies and sometimes it can be really scary. CNY is here and yes you hear the usual words once again. "Wahhh.. so big already ah.."
It's a good time to get together and meet relatives and get ang baos!! Haha.. Well, but that's not the point. I mean seriously, I can see that a few years down the road, families will get smaller and visiting won't be in such a large extent anymore.
Going to visit my grandparents siblings got me thinking. Seeing them age and comparing them to years ago, somehow brought tears to my eyes. Some are gone and those around are weaker and slower. One of my granduncle who I remembered that last year we didn't get a chance to talk to him as he was in bed, feeling drowsy cause of the medication he took. This year it's good to see him sitting up and talking to us but he has lost weight, lost his memory here and there and he gets emotional bringing back his past.
Like my bro said, is it when you are very sick or dying that you only reflect on your past mistakes? I guess we learn from those stories and we should forgive people not at the very last minute of our life.
Anyway, sheesh cny suppose to be a happy occasion. *Slaps* Haha.. Wishing all a happy chinese new year and GONG XI FA CAI.

It's a good time to get together and meet relatives and get ang baos!! Haha.. Well, but that's not the point. I mean seriously, I can see that a few years down the road, families will get smaller and visiting won't be in such a large extent anymore.
Going to visit my grandparents siblings got me thinking. Seeing them age and comparing them to years ago, somehow brought tears to my eyes. Some are gone and those around are weaker and slower. One of my granduncle who I remembered that last year we didn't get a chance to talk to him as he was in bed, feeling drowsy cause of the medication he took. This year it's good to see him sitting up and talking to us but he has lost weight, lost his memory here and there and he gets emotional bringing back his past.
Like my bro said, is it when you are very sick or dying that you only reflect on your past mistakes? I guess we learn from those stories and we should forgive people not at the very last minute of our life.
Anyway, sheesh cny suppose to be a happy occasion. *Slaps* Haha.. Wishing all a happy chinese new year and GONG XI FA CAI.

