Physically tired but......
4 days just passed like in a flash and I just don't know where should I start. It only seemed like yesterday when I was deciding whether I should serve in YISS. One reason was that I am not sure whether I was ready and the second thing is that prep camp was during my exam period. But I just know I had to serve. So yup, signed up still wondering which area I should serve in. Got encouragement from a few peeps to serve as facil but a deep sense in me told me it was not the time yet. Prayed about it and like a few days later, Josie smsed asking whether I was ok with joining intercessory. I went with the flow, knowing that it could be God's plan.
Anticipating for YISS was exciting. I was a participant about 6 months ago and I knew what it would be like. And now the feeling of serving is like so cool.
A quick summary for the whole camp was it was simply AMAZING. This time round the majority of participants were 16-17. Initially, the service team were pretty worried about their seriousness about coming for the camp. Some rowdy, some playful, and not many opened up. Intercessory just had to pray and pray..
Personally for me, when it reached day 2, I kinda felt down cause I suddenly lost confidence being a intercessor. For starters, I was distracted and concentration wasn't there. Words don't seem to be flowing through me and it was like a mental block. And also the group I was assigned too, some are just not serious making it really discouraging.
Nevertheless, all I can say after the spiritual prep for the service team, I got a boost of confidence from God. And the struggles and obstacles service team faced throughout the camp were all overcomed by the love and grace of God. Prayers really worked wonders.
We saw a great change after the 3rd day. Obvious evidence during praise and worship and majority of participants just sang and jumped for joy. Yes, you really could see it in their faces and actions. Also, sharing of the testimonials by the participants were great and amazing.
It was really a great experience for me. Feel like crying looking back at all the things that happened. The sacrifice of sleeping about 3-4 hours everyday was definitely worth it.
Oh happy day, happy day
You washed my sin away
Oh happy day, happy day
I'll never be the same
Forever I am changed
Anticipating for YISS was exciting. I was a participant about 6 months ago and I knew what it would be like. And now the feeling of serving is like so cool.
A quick summary for the whole camp was it was simply AMAZING. This time round the majority of participants were 16-17. Initially, the service team were pretty worried about their seriousness about coming for the camp. Some rowdy, some playful, and not many opened up. Intercessory just had to pray and pray..
Personally for me, when it reached day 2, I kinda felt down cause I suddenly lost confidence being a intercessor. For starters, I was distracted and concentration wasn't there. Words don't seem to be flowing through me and it was like a mental block. And also the group I was assigned too, some are just not serious making it really discouraging.
Nevertheless, all I can say after the spiritual prep for the service team, I got a boost of confidence from God. And the struggles and obstacles service team faced throughout the camp were all overcomed by the love and grace of God. Prayers really worked wonders.
We saw a great change after the 3rd day. Obvious evidence during praise and worship and majority of participants just sang and jumped for joy. Yes, you really could see it in their faces and actions. Also, sharing of the testimonials by the participants were great and amazing.
It was really a great experience for me. Feel like crying looking back at all the things that happened. The sacrifice of sleeping about 3-4 hours everyday was definitely worth it.
Oh happy day, happy day
You washed my sin away
Oh happy day, happy day
I'll never be the same
Forever I am changed
