Saturday, August 01, 2009

Surabaya

If you wiki it, Surabaya is Indonesia's second-largest city, and the capital of the province of East Java. Lol and to think I didn't know about her existence at all.

It was supposedly dad's golf trip with his colleagues but somehow or rather, family members were invited too. What fun would it be if I will be mixing with wives aged 30-60+? I think an innocent kid will tag along but for me, I wondered why I agreed to go in the first place?

2 simple reasons.
1) I love travelling and I will go ANYWHERE near or far. (Best if sponsored)
2) I wanted to keep my Mum accompany when my dad goes to the golf course.

I was really excited by the second day as there were plans to go to Mt. Bromo on the 4th day. I brought my DSLR along and I was anticipating to take really good pictures there.

Sadly, I kissed that excitement goodbye when the trip to Mt. Bromo was cancelled due to a long travelling time. :(

Anyway, just some pictures below on the trip.


This is the view we got from our hotel room. Stayed at Hotel Elmi.


Err okayyyyy that is Mum and me with nothing better to do. Believe me there's so much more similiar pictures like that. Haha -_-"!




We visited the Surabaya Zoo. They have quite a range of animals there but believe me the Singapore Zoo is still way better. But then again, entrance free was only like10000 Rupiahs.


Me at one of the place we stopover for lunch. Yum yum Nasi Padang.


Got to witness the famous Mud flow at Sidoarjo.


Yes my dad actually got A-HOLE-IN-ONE. SPEECHLESS and lucky him!


Dad, mum and me at one of the gold clubs.

Yes and you won't know what happen when it was time for us to head back to Singapore. Our flight was delayed on Friday 3.05pm to 8.55pm. And when we got to the airport at night, cleared immigration and all ready to board the plane, we were told that the flight was cancelled!! Yes it was a dramatic scene and passengers were all sent to a nearby budget hotel to spend the night there.


Pardon the unglam face but I was tired, frustrated and just wanna go home.

Yup that's about it. But my final thoughts about the country is that the rich are really rich, staying in huge bungalows and the poor are really poor, like beggars begging for money. I even saw kids at a tender age selling foodstuff or newspapers at busy roads.

You ask me what's nice there? I would say they are famous for Prawn Keropok, Batik wear, and cakes and kuehs!

Oh, one last thing, DON'T TAKE JETSTAR ASIA. Zzzzzzzz! Delay flight of what felt one day, is no joke.