UK
After about 6 weeks in UK, I am finally back home.
First obvious difference is definitely the weather. No more cold and dry but hot and humid. I really couldn't take the heat on the first day I landed in Singapore! But of course, I definitely missed all the Singapore food. I haven't had the chance to eat my wanton mee and fried carrot cake yet. The list goes on but the rest can wait because these 2 are on top of the list!
The overall experience in UK was great. The period when I was away from my grandaunt's place in London meant that we were backpacking around Scotland, Northwest England, North Wales and finally Dublin. Scotland was pretty much an ease as we rented a car but once the car was returned, we opened the gates of hell.
With no prior training and not knowing what to expect with a load behind you, it was no joke. I remembered we had to rush to catch our coach in the city area of Edinburgh in the early morning and it was quite a distance. And to our horror, it's not a straight pathway but one with a gradient. We found ourselves trudging up and up but nonetheless kept ourselves moving. We didn't want to risk missing our bus to Lake District as previously, we missed a coach to Scotland which cost us more pounds.
Scotland was pretty much scenic and I love the drive especially in the mountainous areas. The view just takes your breath away and we couldn't resist to stop for photographs.
Travelling down to Lake District then felt like "no kick" because too much picture perfect in Scotland put Lake District in second place. We got to go to Hadrian Wall though and climbed up a hill and walked along the walls.
Then comes Anfield. Liverpool fans will immediately beam with joy and excitement. Yup, I am talking about soccer. We stayed there for a night and visited the stadium and of course Jammy was so delighted! :)
A stopover at Chester before we headed in to North Wales. (From this point on, our first mission was to always find an accommodation nearby the railway so we can put down on bags filled with gold bars.) North Wales have really nice castles I was so impressed with Conwy castle!
Dublin was yet another city but I felt their souvenirs are much better. There were much more things to buy and they made cute and good gifts.
And finally a flight back to London, a day of rest and we were off again. Our first stop was Gloucester Cathedral. Bath was next and I must admit it's a beautiful city with nice architecture. We even went for a nice spa there! We made a trip to Cheddar Gorge which I also love with the gorge towering high above us and we got to explore the caves beneath it.
We continued our journey to the all-famous Stonehenge and visited New Forest. There, we did horse-riding and a tree-top adventure which really gave us the aches from head to toe. Lol.
Finally back to London and it was more shopping and more shopping. I had not bought so much stuff in my life before. Our all time favourite, it's gotta be PRIMARK! Cheap clothes, shoes and accessories and we usually spend hours in there. Another great place we went to was Bicester Village where they had outlets of branded goods. Good deals there so we totally spent a bomb!
Of course I have mentioned all the good stuff so far, but every trip has its bad times too. The arguments and disagreements but thankfully they were all resolved. Thankful too for the people that prayed for us and for the Lord that kept us safe.. because I knew some point that I could have been badly injured for a fall that I had that could have resulted a knocked on the head, a broken bone or an injury to the spine. Also, a sad period for me when my dad sms me to tell me that Wintee passed away. Tears just streamed down my face and it took me a few days to control the tears. (I have been so attached to him and now that he is gone, staring at an quiet and empty cage makes me feel weird. Sigh.. animal lovers just got to deal with loss..)
It was one dramatic experience as there were many other little stories that were silly yet funny and crazy yet memorable that isn't mentioned here.
A trip for 6 weeks, but now memories for me that last a lifetime.
First obvious difference is definitely the weather. No more cold and dry but hot and humid. I really couldn't take the heat on the first day I landed in Singapore! But of course, I definitely missed all the Singapore food. I haven't had the chance to eat my wanton mee and fried carrot cake yet. The list goes on but the rest can wait because these 2 are on top of the list!
The overall experience in UK was great. The period when I was away from my grandaunt's place in London meant that we were backpacking around Scotland, Northwest England, North Wales and finally Dublin. Scotland was pretty much an ease as we rented a car but once the car was returned, we opened the gates of hell.
With no prior training and not knowing what to expect with a load behind you, it was no joke. I remembered we had to rush to catch our coach in the city area of Edinburgh in the early morning and it was quite a distance. And to our horror, it's not a straight pathway but one with a gradient. We found ourselves trudging up and up but nonetheless kept ourselves moving. We didn't want to risk missing our bus to Lake District as previously, we missed a coach to Scotland which cost us more pounds.
Scotland was pretty much scenic and I love the drive especially in the mountainous areas. The view just takes your breath away and we couldn't resist to stop for photographs.
Travelling down to Lake District then felt like "no kick" because too much picture perfect in Scotland put Lake District in second place. We got to go to Hadrian Wall though and climbed up a hill and walked along the walls.
Then comes Anfield. Liverpool fans will immediately beam with joy and excitement. Yup, I am talking about soccer. We stayed there for a night and visited the stadium and of course Jammy was so delighted! :)
A stopover at Chester before we headed in to North Wales. (From this point on, our first mission was to always find an accommodation nearby the railway so we can put down on bags filled with gold bars.) North Wales have really nice castles I was so impressed with Conwy castle!
Dublin was yet another city but I felt their souvenirs are much better. There were much more things to buy and they made cute and good gifts.
And finally a flight back to London, a day of rest and we were off again. Our first stop was Gloucester Cathedral. Bath was next and I must admit it's a beautiful city with nice architecture. We even went for a nice spa there! We made a trip to Cheddar Gorge which I also love with the gorge towering high above us and we got to explore the caves beneath it.
We continued our journey to the all-famous Stonehenge and visited New Forest. There, we did horse-riding and a tree-top adventure which really gave us the aches from head to toe. Lol.
Finally back to London and it was more shopping and more shopping. I had not bought so much stuff in my life before. Our all time favourite, it's gotta be PRIMARK! Cheap clothes, shoes and accessories and we usually spend hours in there. Another great place we went to was Bicester Village where they had outlets of branded goods. Good deals there so we totally spent a bomb!
Of course I have mentioned all the good stuff so far, but every trip has its bad times too. The arguments and disagreements but thankfully they were all resolved. Thankful too for the people that prayed for us and for the Lord that kept us safe.. because I knew some point that I could have been badly injured for a fall that I had that could have resulted a knocked on the head, a broken bone or an injury to the spine. Also, a sad period for me when my dad sms me to tell me that Wintee passed away. Tears just streamed down my face and it took me a few days to control the tears. (I have been so attached to him and now that he is gone, staring at an quiet and empty cage makes me feel weird. Sigh.. animal lovers just got to deal with loss..)
It was one dramatic experience as there were many other little stories that were silly yet funny and crazy yet memorable that isn't mentioned here.
A trip for 6 weeks, but now memories for me that last a lifetime.
